More Than Just Words.

Have you ever heard the song "From the Inside Out" by Hillsong? Well I have an it is one amazing song and I think about that song every day. It talks about having God come into your life and change it from every aspect- from the inside out. To change everything from your attitude, your views, just everything because when God enters your life you change-so much. You change into a person living for God and not yourself. Whenever I first moved to Japan I was a different person. I knew God and loved him but I didn't know the true meaning behind a relationship with Him. Ever since I moved here that has changed. I have grown in my faith. I know who God really is and that my faith is MINE and not the church's or anyone elses. I started to grow in my faith and try to live for Him and not me. It's hard to explain the change but it's there. God changes you in every. He's changed my perspective on what I want with my life. Before I moved here I wanted to be a graphic designer like my aunt but now I want to pursue youth ministry. I used to listen to a lot of secular music and now I prefer listening to Christian music because the lyrics mean so much more like those of "From the Inside Out." Whenever my youth director of two years moved I talked to him about the times we spent together here and the changes and he said that I've changed "from the inside out." That's God's amazing work. He is an amazing God, He is an awesome God. I love seeing how He changes peoples lives because it truly is amazing. This song means so much- no matter how many times we mess up, no matter how much we sin, God still loves us and takes us back and can change us from the inside out.


1 comments:

nate and louise johnson said...

It is fun to read about your process. I agree that it is an amazing song. I was just listening to Hillsong in the car yesterday while driving to Heidelberg to pick up some boxes from Yokosuka. We really do miss you guys and I pray that you are able to get involved in youth ministry. It sounds like you are doing awesome. Say "hi" to the gang for me.
Nate

Post a Comment