I've always gone back and forth on what my favorite band was. For the longest time it was Rascal Flatts because they are pretty amazing but I was thinking today and listening to Relient k and that is my favorite band. I'm always listening to them and I love their lyrics. Yes they do have some very silly lyrics like "chap stick, chapped lips, and things like chemistry" and "sadie hawkins dance" but others have the most amazing and powerful lyrics. My all-time favorite song by them is "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been." To me it's talking about looking back on your life and you figure out that you've messed up in so many places and you've done so many things wrong. But then you figure it out and you feel bad but God takes you back. He loves us no matter what we've done. In "For the Moments I Feel Faint" it talks about how we can have hope in Jesus. Relient k just writes amazing songs and they song sooo awesome. This one I discovered recently that I have is called "Deathbed" and I usually don't listen to the last songs on their cds because 1. they're insanely long and 2. there is usually just silence but honestly they are some of their most powerful songs. This one is telling the story about a man who is on his deathbed. He's going through what has happened in his life. All the mistakes he's made, all the "important" things that have happened. He said he was so scared of Jesus but Jesus sought him out like he does everyone because he cares about us. Jesus takes him back to the night he accepted Jesus as his lord and savior before he dies and goes up to heaven. It's just soooo powerful. Then at the end it says "I am the way follow me and take my hand; and I am the truth embrace me and you'll understand; and I am the light and through me you'll live again; For I am love; I am love; I am....Love. He goes into this amazing falseto/head voice at one point and it's just soo pretty. It's just so powerful. When I heard it I played that part over several times. They're lyrics are amazing. I love the sound of music but the lyrics mean so much more and Relient K definatly has powerful lyrics. Listen to them. You'll see. :D
3 comments:
Relient K are definitely good. I love Casting Crowns, they're amazing. They have some powerful lyrics that speaks about God's heart for His people and serve as encouragement for us in our Christian walk. Nice blog!
yup, RK is one of my favz too.
Post a Comment