growing up.

Have you ever realized how fast we grow up? It's crazy! I think I've been thinking a little too much about this lately but it's true- we do! It seems like just yesterday I moved to Japan and I was a freshman but now I'm graduating in a year and a half. I have friends who are turning eighteen! I'm looking at colleges and scholarships and things. It's just weird growing up. There is a part of me that wants to stay a teenager forever and there is another part of me that wants to grow up. But I think I want to grow up even more because I want to see what God has planned for me. It's a scary thought thinking about this but it happens to everyone. My sister is a TEENAGER which is a very scary thought. It's just weird. But everything is a part of God's plan for our lives. There are going to be bumps in the road, scary parts, and some of the best times ever and it's nice to know that he is always there- NO MATTER WHAT. So I'm excited for the future but really scared, so just pray for me. This next year and a half is going to be crazy and I hope that everything goes well. :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool post, im scared a heck to grow up, i like high school, but ah well....

The Haynes Family said...

Sophie, I went through the same thing when I was in high school. I remember a point during my college aps that I realized that for the first time in my life I had no idea where I would be living a year from then. It was a scary thought.

You will LOVE college. The freedom is awesome and overcoming trials makes you proud & stronger. You get to choose what you want to learn about and the rest of your life is a blank slate. For once, everything isn't planned out for you. ENJOY IT. And take the time to enjoy what's left of your high school experience.

nate and louise johnson said...

Growing up isn't so bad. Sure, you miss certain things that you used to get to do, but there are also benefits and hopefully some new-found wisdom to not make some of the same mistakes.

Kara Jade said...

I know how you feel. Ive been feeling the same way.
I just find it hard to imagine myself as an adult.
I saw my 18th birthday on the 2009 calendar and I freaked out.

Post a Comment